Thursday, September 15, 2011

My friend...

Well my morning started off with my daughter changing her clothing 3x before deciding on an outfit. I can't imagine this pressure at 5! I found myself wishing for uniforms. We've picked out outfits at night, doesn't work....I've let her come shopping with me, doesn't work...I've encouraged left,right,up and down that she looks great in whatever outfit she has initially put on, doesn't work. It is a frustrating way to start off each morning to say the least.

Then I had my darling son, coming to me while I was in the shower, sneezing up a storm and telling me he couldn't go to school today because he has "the allergies". Of course I laughed at the cuteness... but he didn't find it funny. "Mommy, I have the allergies. I cannot go to school." I assured him he would be just fine.

Mornings around here have been chaotic and at times frustrating, as I'm sure most households with children are once school starts. So I decided that I cannot 'do' these mornings without my friend, my precious cup of coffee. I've been waiting to enjoy my friend until everyone is off to school and I can start my day.... but no longer. Today I went and purchased one of these.
Now I shall be able to enjoy my companion amongst the chaos and flying clothes everywhere. My friend shall make my mornings a bit easier. I can dream, right?

1 comment:

  1. Well it certainly helps that is for sure!!! I am loving mine which just means I can have it whenever I want!

    And, I feel your pain. Similar situation with my girl! not easy.

    ReplyDelete